- Rack & pinion design.
- The standard actuator configuration has hard anodized aluminum body and epoxy coated end caps.
- Inside surface finish (Ra 0.4-0.6 um) to minimize friction and to maximize the life of the actuator.
- Standard applications for temperature ranges from -4°F to +180°F.
- Special options for extreme temperatures (upon request). Low Temperature Actuator -40°F to 80°F, High Temperature Actuator +5°F to 300°F.
- Piston bearing made of material with low friction coefficient to avoid metal to metal contact, easily replaceable tor maintenance.
- Base drilling, for valve mounting, and centering, according to ISO5211/DIN 3337 standards.
- The indicator is designed to remain on the actuator for continuous indication when limit switch is being used. (Not availabie in SPN II 032.)
- Independent bi-directional travel stop adjustment +/- 5° ensuring precise positioning in all flow control services. (Not available in SPN II 032.)
- Direct mounted solenoid connections according to NAMUR standards.
- Same body and end caps for double acting and spring return.
- Air supply: can be dry or lubricated filtered compressed air; pressure: min. 40 PSI- 145 PSI.
- The lubrication carried out by the manufacturer qualifies minimum 1,000,000 operations.
- Epoxy-coating is a deposit of powders on clean and sandblasted pieces. The chemical process is easily kept under control and after coating, the pieces must be subjected to heat treatment. Epoxy painting of actuators is advised where environment is strongly aggressive. With the exception of certain solvents, epoxy coating resists acids and alkali, and also has a good resistance to UV rays. In order to retain its properties, the coating must not be scratched.
- Multi-function position indicator with NAMUR slot to allow visual position indicator.
- The SPN ii features inserts to allow easy conversion to many square and diamond stems. There are also double D along with round bores with keyway inserts for the same actuators for butterfly applications. The pinion is drilled deeper than standard actuators. The SPN II series has mounting plates for the transition of the bolt circles of the actuator to be used with other industry standards for butterfly valves.